Though only a few months old, Tomoka Christian’s Palm Bay campus already is deeply invested in spreading the love of Jesus to high school students of Brevard County.
Every Thursday, Campus Pastor David Fitzgerald meets with about 75 Heritage High School students during their lunch period. It’s not simply to get acquainted or to enjoy a meal together. Pastor David has a heart for teens, and takes the opportunity to listen, share scripture and pray with them.
“God has given us a great connection at Heritage High,” David said. "But it goes beyond just the students. The Lord has opened doors to conversations with school leadership, as well."
Momentum is building, and now the campus is making additional efforts to minister to teenagers. The Forge, the Palm Bay campus' new ministry to middle and high school students, is staging special events on Sundays open to all middle and high school students. These events lead up to an official kickoff, on Sunday, April 23, of weekly Worship Nights for middle and high school students.
"We're creating a time for our students to be challenged by a relevant message with ways to apply it to their lives," David explained. On Forge Worship Nights, students can choose to arrive early to challenge a friend to a board game, Wii or ping pong, or can enjoy dinner with friends.
"The Forge is a place where students can invite their peers to experience Jesus for the first time," said Pastor David.
In advance of the April 23 kickoff, The Forge will offer events not just on campus, but all over the area in an effort to connect with teens outside the church. Upcoming events include:
- Sunday, March 12 – Student Ministry Cookout: 3-6 p.m. at Palm Bay Regional Park.
- Sunday, March 19 – Kickball Tournament: 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Tomoka’s Palm Bay campus.
- Sunday, March 26 – Student Ministry Cookout: 3-6 p.m. at West Oaks Park.
- Sunday, April 2 – Ultimate Frisbee: 4:30-6:30 p.m. at the Palm Bay campus.
- Sunday, April 9 – Game night: 4:30-6:30 p.m. at the Palm Bay campus.
- Sunday, April 16 – Easter - no activities
- Sunday, April 23 – Official kickoff of weekly Forge Worship Nights for teens from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 30 – Warner Christian Academy band leads worship, 4:30-6:30 p.m. at the Palm Bay campus.
Contact Kaley Baker for additional information about the Palm Bay campus or visit The Forge Student Ministry online.