Excitement is building as work for Christ moves into high gear at Tomoka’s newly launched second campus in Palm Bay, led by Pastor David Fitzgerald.
New staff: On Jan. 8, a fifth staff member was hired. Julie Wattwood, a long-time attendee of the church and dedicated children’s ministry volunteer, stepped up to serve as children’s ministry director. To celebrate her addition to staff, Julie was brought up onstage at this past Sunday’s service. Pastor David prayed for her, joined by the whole Palm Bay campus family.
T-shirts: Also on Jan. 8, “I Love My Church” T-shirts made their debut at the Palm Bay campus and were selling like hotcakes! Sales of the red wine-colored shirts, priced at $5, will continue in the lobby of the Palm Bay campus this coming weekend.
Décor: A newly redesigned sign – bearing the logo of Tomoka Christian Church – was reinstalled Jan. 5 to herald the arrival of the new campus. Other improvements:
- New landscaping was installed.
- A pond out front was transformed from overgrown with weeds, to beautiful.
- Inside the facility, all the walls were repainted.
- A conference room was turned into a dedicated prayer room.
- Framed posters were installed on interior walls, featuring the smiling faces of children attending church at the campus, as well as adults and teens serving there in ministry. Also, new directional signs were installed to guide visitors around campus.
Happenings: A month of fun, family friendly events in Palm Bay celebrated the new campus, from Movie Under the Stars at Space Coast Field of Dreams to a Super Bowl pregame party.