Get set for a fun day of fitness with a Christmas flair at the Second Annual Chuck Strasser Memorial Candy Cane 5K.
- Join others in Christmas cheer while raising money for those in need.
- Christmas-themed costumes are welcome and prizes will be awarded.
- All proceeds will support local and worldwide missions.
- The event will take place at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 16, at Destination Daytona in Ormond Beach.
- Register for the 5K and sign up for sponsorship at the links below.
It's all about giving back
The event is a memorial fundraiser to continue the work of the late Chuck Strasser, a much-loved member of the Daytona Beach-area community who passed away Jan. 1, 2015, after a valiant battle with cancer. He was a dedicated husband, father, businessman and friend to all, whose contagious smile and habit of sacrificing his time and money for those in need made him an example and mentor to all.
Chuck’s wife, Gina, and daughters Faith and Destiny are leading the effort to keep his work going with the 5K in honor of the lasting impact he had locally, nationally and internationally. The funds raised will go to missions, including efforts to place orphans in adoptive homes and send teams to aid people in need all over the world.
With the help of a team of local professionals and Tomoka Christian Church, the Strassers hope to leave a legacy honoring Chuck's vision to help children not just in Volusia but all over the world. Please join them in partnership.
For more information, contact Marcia Bayer via email or at (386) 295-2938.