Most people anymore won't leave home without their smart phone. So in addition to offering app-based mobile giving, Tomoka provides the simplicity of giving by text message.
Pay your tithe. Donate to missions. Participate in a special offering during a Wednesday service. Text-to-give allows users to choose any amount, at any time. With Tomoka’s text-to-give service, all information is secure. Gifts are given immediately to the church fund you choose.
So skip the checks and forget the cash. Try text-to-give to easily make a financial difference for God’s work at Tomoka.
Type of gift and text term to use
- Tithe: tomokatithe
- Missions: tomokamissions
- Building fund: tomokabuilding
- Wednesday offering: tomokawednesday
How to do it
- Open the text-messaging app on smart phone.
- Type in 30131 as the telephone number. This number is the same for all types of giving.
- In the message box, type in the amount, a space, then the keyword matching the gift type from the list above. Dollar sign is optional. (example: $100 tomokatithe).
- Press send.
- Follow the prompts to set up account one time.
- Next time and thereafter, because account is set up you may skip #5.
Contact Cindi Hunnefeld, communications director, with questions.